Sumter County Courthouse - Designed by Bruce & Morgan, Atlanta architects, this massive edifice was completed in March 1888 at the southeast corner of Forsyth and Lee. Demolition began in November 1959 and concluded in July 1960. The site is now occupied by Citizens Bank of Americus.
Back to the Index to Collection of Late 1800's and Early 1900's Sumter County Scenes
Back to Photo Album Section
Back to HomePage