Victorian Era Americus Baptist Church
Victorian Era Americus Baptist Church - Located at the northeast corner of Lee and Taylor, the cornerstone ceremony in June 1890 and its reopening in Feb. 1961 were both attended by Mrs. J.R. Britton. The sanctuary was razed in May 1960 and the site is now the parking lot for First United Methodist Church of Americus. Americus Baptist Church changed its name to First Baptist Church of Americus in 1897.
Back to the Index to Collection of Late 1800's and Early 1900's Sumter County Scenes
Back to Photo Album Section
Back to HomePage